Saturday, October 5, 2013

A bond is a bond

tch rang. he rarely ever call....and definitely not since mum's matters were settled. i thought for one moment, that something happened to ah kor.

But no, and that i was thankful. He rang to ask if i was ok, and whether everyone else was ok. I cant say I wasnt touch. Yes, i am touch. Very. It was a short call. I am not good talking on the phone. Not that we have much to talk about. He asked if I was back to work. I told him i was just giving tuition. I also told him I am doing a tcm course. When he heard that, he was so glad....to him, i am finally doing something that will help myself especially in my health. The gladness and relief in his voice was so evident....he says he is so glad that i can leave the past behind....things were and are not easy for him, and i rarely ever hear him say he is glad....whether i truly have left the past behind or not is not the issue. That moment, i felt his genuine care for me, just as he did from my childhood.

as time past, there are lesser and lesser of those older in generation left who truly care for me. Honestly, i cant think of anyone else. Maybe sst. When i was in school up to uni, he was the only one that i could turn to when things were really messy at home. Not that i did that often. A handful of times.

In his way, because he saw the hardness of times that i grew up, he always had a soft spot for me. He was really the brother to me, and was always forbearing many times. I will never be able to repay his kindness to me.Over the past twenty years, our communication is probably once or twice a year, if at all. Yet somehow, without words, what is genuine care remains unchange.

A bond is a bond.

And I appreciate it. Deeply.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home